Brunton Farmhouse bed and breakfast lies in unspoiled countryside, at the edge of the hamlet of Brunton, just off the A338 road between Marlborough and Salisbury.
This late Georgian house still retains many of its traditional features: an original flagstone floor in the spacious kitchen and all rooms are light and sunny and have been carefully modernised and decorated to make a cosy and comfortable home. There is a walled garden of half an acre with a patio and garden house, all of which are available to guests.
Facing South East overlooking the lawns and garden. This bedroom has a bright, sunny aspect with a traditional French double bed and spacious ensuite bathroom.
Facing South and West, looking out over farmland, this light airy bedroom has two single beds, which can be made into a double, and an ensuite shower, basin and loo.
At the Farmhouse...
Guests at our bed and breakfast may have the use of the sitting room. Breakfast can be eaten in the kitchen or dining room including local produce such as free range marron brown eggs, Wiltshire bacon and clover honey from local bees on the surrounding farmland, which is the home of wild flowers and many species of wildlife including English Grey Partridge and Stone Curlew.
You will be ensured a warm welcome by your hosts Richard and Pippa, wine and food enthusiasts, and their two black labradors…
Local Attractions and Amenities
The main attraction is the local environment and unspoiled land that has been presided over by several generations of the same farming families.
- Walking and biking
- Stonehenge and Avebury within easy reach
- Excellent local Pubs, one within walking distance of the house and including the Red Lion at East Chisenbury, winner of the Pub Chef of the Year Award
- Golf at Tidworth, Bowood and Upavon
- Horse racing at Newbury
- Kennet and Avon Canal
- Polo at Tidworth
- Regular train service every half an hour from Andover to London Waterloo (1 hr 10 mins), with easy connections via the Jubliee Line to Olympic Park and Canary Wharf.
- Intercity service from Pewsey to London Paddington.
- Local bus and taxi service.
- By rail as above.
- By road from London via M3 or M4.
For Brunton turn off A338 at Collingbourne Kingston on mini roundabout by Church to Brunton. Brunton Farmhouse is 500 yards down this road, past the village hall on your left, over two mini bridges and we are the SECOND house on right with small red brick wall and surrounding box hedge. Turn into gravelled drive through wooden 5 bar gate.
Brunton Farmhouse, Brunton, Collingbourne Kingston,
Marlborough, Wiltshire, SN8 3SE
Contacts & booking
|Rates:||£45 pp double|
|£55 pp single|
|PAYMENT BY CASH OR CHEQUE ONLY|
- No dogs
- Children over 12
- No smoking
- Dinner available on request (4 minimum)
- Broadband/Internet connection